Are you stuck in a dead end job, wondering where your life is going? Or perhaps you are one of the rapidly increasing number of unemployed young people desperate for some form or employment. Now could be the time for you to consider a career as a DJ.
Pop along to your local pawn shop and lay your hands on some DJ equipment, or blag some from a friend, and polish your mixing skills. Before long you could be raking in some film-star money by spinning a few records or mixing a bunch of MP3s. Here are just five good reasons to learn to DJ:
- You can earn some seriously big money. World famous UK DJ Paul Oakenfold is reported to earn as much as $7.5 million dollars a year and lots of DJs charge as much as $50,000 for one gig. Not bad for playing a few records.
- You don’t even need to be a musician. You might be hot with ‘guitar hero’ but learning to play real guitars or maybe a set of drums is actually hard work. Do yourself a favour and get some DJ gear and you will soon be laughing all the way to the bank.
- DJs are just so sexy. It doesn’t matter if you are a boy who likes girls, a girl who loves boys, a boy who prefers boys or a girl who likes girls. DJing is just so sexy that you will have people throwing themselves at you.
- Enjoy VIP treatment. You don’t have to be a big name superstar DJ to get a taste of the VIP treatment. Get yourself out there and play a few gigs and you’ll soon be able to blag your way onto the guest list of all the best nights in town.
- Get lots of free stuff. You’ll soon be receiving offers of free holidays, clothes, booze and DJ equipment. Businesses will be keen to get you to use their products and services.
What you need to do now is create an impressive mix CD and get yourself booked. Good luck in your new career!